Friday, September 26, 2008

The Top 10 List #1 - Music Tastes

The top 10 list in regards to my music tastes are:


10. Rock music is always good. Linkin Park, Nickelback and Daughtry are fine examples.

9. If you're the type of person who likes Fergie's music, please stay away from me.

8. David Cook is a better singer than David Archuleta. I don't care if anyone says or thinks otherwise.

7. If I hear Jason Mraz's I'm Yours one more time, I'm gonna fucking kill somebody!

6. Do NOT play a Celine Dion CD in my presence. Please.

5. You're never too young to listen to 80's music. There are tons of great songs from that era. Michael Jackson, Madonna, New Kids On The Block, Duran Duran etc. If you're not an 80's child, you may not realise it, so listen to me.

4. I'm really starting to get sick of Katy Perry. I can withstand the overplayed I Kissed A Girl on the airwaves, but when I saw the video to U're So Gay, I thought: that does it. I'm done with this girl. She's getting on my nerves now.

3. I prefer Marion Raven's music over Marit Larsen's music. To all of you M2M fans out there who've known me for a long time and think the opposite, sorry. I mean, I do love Marit, always have, always will. But Marion's music is still by far more accessible to me. And let's face it, most of you who dislike Marion now think that she's changed so much and thinks too highly of herself. Personally I think she knows she's good, and isn't afraid to show it. Ain't nothing wrong with that. And I think Marit is an awesome performer, no one can deny that. But this is how I feel.

2. In my humble opinion, the worst song ever written is All I Wanna Do (Is Make Love To You) by Heart. I've known this song since I was a teenager, and back then I didn't mind it. But now, after hearing it and listening to the lyrics, I realize just how stupid and twisted this song really is. A song about a one night stand with a person you picked up on the road, and the consequences thereafter? Oh God, please. And the damn lyrics.....who the hell wrote this crap? NOBODY writes crap like this anymore, and I don't think anyone else except this song's writers did back then either.

And finally....

1. M2M is the best band in the world, at least in my book. To me, the best band need not be a band that sells out the most concert arenas, or sells the most records, or has the most number one hits. The best band need only be capable of making music that stands the test of time, and give you warm feelings and bring your spirits up when you're down. M2M did that for me, and they still do. I sure miss them.



I will have more lists compiled for you in the near future.

1 comment:

rhEa said...

OMG! We've been friends for more than half a decade now, man, I thought we've got same taste in music, lol. I didn't know that you don't like Celine Dion's music. I kept on talking about her and her music years ago, and you didn't say any irritating words, lol.

Also, "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz? I luv it. :P At first though it was boring, but eventually I liked it :p

And, Katy Perry's "Ur So Gay" video is not that bad, lol.

About Marion and Marit, I don't know what to say. I luv Marit and her music more :P

Looking forward to that compilations :p