Thursday, October 2, 2008

World's Most Amazing Crap

There's this show on TV called World's Most Amazing Videos, which showcases supposedly amazing happenings, mostly how people cheat death. For example, there's a big car accident and some guy was just inches away from getting impaled, or there's a wild animal on the loose and someone barely survived on the receiving end, and so on and so forth.

I usually don't watch shows like this, because it's total crap to me. It's not entertaining or enlightening, and truly not amazing. Today however, I got a glimpse of this show as I was waiting for another programme to start, and I saw this segment of how this guy, who is a hunter, barely escaped being mauled by a lion.

Here's how it went: the guy took aim at the lion and shot it, but the lion did not die. Instead, the lion got up and charged straight for him. As it lunged at him, he fired again, and though the lion got hit, it managed to knock him down in the process. The lion then ran off but the hunter managed to shoot it again, killing it successfully. The guy then proceeds to tell in an interview on how close he was to getting killed by a lion, and then shows us that same animal, now stuffed, sitting in his house on a table.

And then I start thinking: what a load of bullshit this is! This guy shoots a lion, like a hunter would take aim at any kind of game, and now wants to not only talk about his close brush with death, but display his fallen prey so proudly? Is this the message the producers of the show want to present? That killing a lion that wasn't provoked is the right thing to do? I mean, aren't lions living beings too? It may be an animal, sure, but it had the right to live, and this guy just killed it, and gets to show off. If I were that lion, I'd attack him too if he tried to kill me. Damn, now I don't know who's the bigger animal: the hunter or the show's producers.



OK, now to show you something that isn't crap at all, the cover to Marit Larsen's new album;) I sure hope I won't get sued for putting it up here.

Happy Aidilfitri to all Muslims out there.

No comments: