Wednesday, September 17, 2008

There It Is Again

I think sometimes I need to be reminded that being alone isn't always better. And today I got just that.

I was at the food court this evening. It's the fasting month, hence many people have settled down to break fast at that hour. And I noticed one thing about everyone: they're not alone. Couples, foursomes, large groups, Muslims, non-Muslims.....all together, not just having a meal but sharing good times and laughter. Some were even taking photos, as if they were meeting after being away for so long.

And watching all this reminds me of stuff. Old faces, old places, old friends, old memories. All of which I should have left behind but somehow it still stays with me. And that feeling leaves me rather sad. I know someone who would have felt so much pain being surrounded by so many happy people. And I remember telling her that it was all right for her not to be like them. Today I got a chance to be in her shoes at that moment.

But she is much better now, and so am I.

I guess it's okay to feel this way every now and then. The sadness, the pain, the disappointment. I think I need it in some way. I think it's what makes me feel alive. Sometimes, when you have nothing to go on with, you need this. Moments like this, to remind you that you're alive, and you should do something about your life. Or at least remember some things that mean a lot to you, because it's all you have.


Now let's see if tomorrow will bring me a reason to smile.

No comments: