Saturday, February 23, 2008

Etc

I've been posting crap, haven't I? The last few entries have been very boring to read, I think. It's probably because I've got writer's block. When it comes to writing personal blogs like this, you don't get writer's block if you're depressed, pissed or had something really life-changing, be it good or bad, happen to you. And right now, my life is pretty quiet. Normal. Routine. It's good, because at least I know what to expect when I wake up tomorrow. But it doesn't help my blog writing skills at the moment.

So since I don't really have an issue to talk about, or complain about, let me just talk about stuff off the top of my head, some are opinions, some are about current events.

- Heath Ledger passed away a few weeks ago. I remember putting his picture up on this blog the other day, and now he's gone. It's unfortunate, of course, since he's well on his way to making a name for himself in Hollywood, with his role as The Joker in the Batman sequel. I'm now looking forward even more to The Dark Knight this coming July.

- I have a new manager in the office. What about the old one? Well, he's gone. Someone higher up the food chain decided that it's time for a change. And I welcome it. I don't really like talking about other people, but let's just say that my old manager wasn't very good at his job. I wasn't really into his managing style. The new guy is okay, so far. I hope it stays that way. After all, frequent management changes isn't going to look well for us in the long run, and he's the 3rd manager we've had in a year.

- The Amazing Race Asia is finally over. Congrats to Team Singapore for winning the prize. Damn. I was actually rooting for Team Philippines, but they stumbled at the last task and came in third (sorry to tell you this, Rhea). But I thoroughly enjoyed this season. If there's any reality show I love following, it's The Amazing Race. I'd love to be a part of it someday, though I don't know if I'll be good enough for it. Oh, congratulations also to Team Malaysia for coming in second. Well done, Pam and Van;)

- My Chinese New Year was quiet, but you know what? I actually got a lot of red packets this year. Haha! This is the payoff from working at a condominium. You get to meet a lot of people, you get to help them, and they remember you and give us something back. Well, okay. It wasn't that much, to be honest. But it beats working at the old office. I think this place actually is less stressful for me. And the people I work with are really nice, so it's been great.

- I am still thinking of that girl. Many times I wish I could see her again. I do know that it's unhealthy to miss her this much. And it's not good to hope to see her face in the crowd when I hang out at the mall. But I can't help it. I keep praying our paths will cross again. But I don't even know if she'll remember me.

- The past few weeks spent online made me discover that there are a lot of people out there with problems. Some write about it, some talk about it, some take out their rage on office equipment (man, that is insane). And as some of you know, some people just go and shoot other people dead. What's the world coming to? I mean, this is not because of what they watched on TV, because everyone watches the same thing, more or less. This is because of mental stress, or the inability to manage their anger, or just the complete lack of compassion and logic in their mind. There are a lot of people out there who need help. Seriously.

- I was really happy to talk to an old friend online last week. I missed her so much, and finally I got to speak with her. I realize that it will probably be a long time before I talk to her again, since she's so busy and all. But that's okay, I know she's always worth the time. She hasn't changed, and that's why I'll always have a special place in my heart for her.


I think that will do for now. It still doesn't sound like much, does it? Well, that's ok, I'm just warming up.

1 comment:

Anouk said...

Nitpicker ;)

And god do I know how you feel about that girl. Well you know the story. I feel for you.

Take care