Friday, October 6, 2006

Words

I watch her smile as she listens to her friend
While my aching heart continues to no end

Things weren't the way before the way they are now
And as much as I ponder, I can't figure out how

How something good could suddenly turn bad
How my mistake is driving me mad

I knew she was special, the first time she came
She wasn't like her friends, not quite the same

Her pretty face shone behind her uncanny eyes
Sometimes her look would catch me by surprise

We got along well, or so I thought
But now whatever she thinks of me is what I'm not

What have I done to let it become this way
What can I do now to make her stay

But I guess this is how it's meant to be
Because after all this time, she doesn't see the real me.


I'm fine now. I just needed to get that out of me. For those of you who are reading this, thank you.

1 comment:

Ira Roslan said...


People come to our lives
People leave us behind
Some stay true; some are lies
Some (like you said) are blind

Understand how you feel
As I've been there before
But you know this will pass
To stay strong matters more

When there's nobody else
Love no one but yourself
And when this finally comes through
You will know who sees you