Saturday, October 14, 2006

To Remember Or To Forget

There are some things that should be remembered. And there are some things that should be forgotten. But sometimes, these two things intertwine. When there are some things you want to forget, but can't. And it's not about how to forget them, it's about why we remember it in the first place.

I know I'm being annoyingly cryptic, but it's no less real than how I feel now. When I think about the stuff I want to put out of my mind, things that keep my imagination going into hyperdrive, things that make me fear the probability of obsession...it just scares me. Depresses me. Makes me question the reality around me. I start thinking of why I can't beat the feeling inside, why I can't overcome it. I know I can be strong. So why is it hard?

Well, at the risk of sounding naive, maybe there's a reason for it. Maybe there's a reason I am remembering this. Maybe this feeling exists for a reason. Maybe someone up there wants me to feel this way. Maybe I'm supposed to suffer. Suffer long enough till I find a way to make it right. Or maybe all the suffering is just in my head and this is just a nightmare. But if it isn't, then maybe I'm remembering things because I need to put an end to it. Because maybe things aren't as bleak as they seem, and I will eventually find a way out and make everything right and everyone will be happy once more.

That's a lot of maybe's. I guess nothing is for certain. But this is one of those times when I wish I was certain about some things. And when I have certainty, forgetting and remembering will not cross each other again.

No comments: