Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Holidays

Guess where everyone is? Well, if you meant the people in my office, half of them are either on their way back to their hometown or already back in their hometown. It was Deepavali yesterday, and Aidilfitri is on Tuesday and Wednesday. That gives the incentive for half of my colleagues to take the whole week off and come back on the 30th.

And where does that leave the people NOT celebrating those 2 occasions including me? Back to work. Yup. We're a shipping company run by Chinese, so there's no rest for us. The other 3 days of the week are working days for us. Oh well, that's ok. I know I'm not the only one amongst you who have to work this week. So I'm not really bitter about that. I guess I'm just missing that one person who won't be around.

But when I really think about it, maybe this is my opportunity to get that person off my mind temporarily. It's been hard to do so lately, so not having her presence for 9 days could be useful. Speaking of her, I think I may be able to work things out somehow. I'm not saying I got a solution, just thinking positively right now. Not putting too much hope, just thinking positively. And that's always a good thing.

I do hope I get my salary by the end of next week. I've been very diligent in tightening my purse strings, amidst all the cool stuff I've been wanting to get lately. If only the world wasn't controlled by the almighty dollar or whatever currency you use. That'd be great, wouldn't it?

Selamat Hari Raya to you, Ira. Coming up.....Christmas;)

5 comments:

Ira Roslan said...

Aw you don't have holidays? That's so unfair, haha. You should have, considering that generally the whole Malaysia will be celebrating.
Anyway, I will be working too, and glad to be at least. I'm not complaining.
But thanks for the well wishes.
Though I wish for winter instead. :p

Aaron said...

Well, at least we get 2 days off. And most private companies won't be giving Monday off anyway, so we're not exactly alone.

Do you really want winter, Ira? I don't know how much of it you can handle before you'd miss home.

You're welcome, and thanks for stopping by. ;)

Ira Roslan said...

I don't even have my own room, what's a "home" to miss? :P

Haha. Yes I long for winter. Why it's depressing to people, I can't make sense of that.
Some frostbite and longer nights wouldn't hurt. I'm pretty much done with the heat. And before I die (hoho) I would like to know what extreme cold feels like.

Otherwise I'll come back and haunt you - asking for Winter.

Aaron said...

It's depressing to people who have winter, not us I guess. But who knows? If you lived in places with winter for the next 19 yrs, maybe you'd miss Singapore again lol. Just a thought.

Sleeping late again, I see...

Ira Roslan said...

I guess so. We're humans, when we get something we complain about it, when we don't get what other people has we also complain about it. I'll only miss singapore for it's simplicity, I guess. Most thing's are done promptly, things are in reach, nowhere's too far, and yeah.. the food.

Okay this is going way off topic. I rest my case.