Tuesday, October 24, 2006

24

My entry title isn't very creative, is it? Yeah, I'm not very good at naming my entries, I admit. Ira is an expert at this. Until the day I read her blog entry called Lacrimation, I never knew there was such a word. THAT'S how good she is.

So on to the reason I'm writing this. In the past 24 hours or so, I've been looking around me. The real world and the virtual one. A lot of things happening. Some predictable, some totally unexpected. The former would relate to being in an empty office. It was a Monday, and probably the quietest Monday I've ever had at the office. Felt like Saturday, but it wasn't. And I still had to work till 5pm. Hmph.

What else? Hmm.....discovered a few new blogs made by some people I know. Learning some things about them in the process. Getting caught up in the middle of something new, something I didn't think could happen. But the fact that it did somehow makes things clearer if it wasn't before. There's a small problem though, some things still need to be ironed out. I am hoping it will be sorted out soon, or it could get sticky as time progresses.

But ultimately, the stuff happening to me and my friends in the past 24 hours has made me realise that things are not as smooth as they seem. I used to think everyone else had it under control somewhat, and I was the one messed up in my head. Now it's almost the other way around. But we're all human, and they are not immune to problems, they're like me. I was aware of all this, maybe all this time I thought they had better control over things.

It's been hard, actually. Sitting at this desk, watching the world come undone on this screen, seeing your friends wrestling with their fears, doubts and insecurities. It's hard because I can't just sit back and do nothing, even if I'm not the one with the answers they seek. Even if I'm not the one they usually turn to. Somehow, I have to try and help. Reach out for them. I know some of you are already thinking about telling me that I don't have to, because it's not my job. But I choose to do this, it's a part of me that I can't deny. At the very least, I should try. Who knows what'll happen.

Things are starting to change again. Don't know if it will be good or bad. Maybe I'll let you know when the dust settles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hola Storebror. well, I think the title fits perfectly for this entry :)
And about youknowwho and I..it's just a misunderstanding..but it's not under control..coz it's impossible to know how another person is going to react to whatever it must be, either it's something good or bad, and therefore it's just impossible to have such a situation under control. I have myself under control (Mostly haha), but I cant control other people. I am not in control of other peoples feelings and thoughts and reactions. I'll never be. Guess that's why people take things the wrong way and fight over it. Huh? =)
Plus, you just cant control everything in life. Things happen that are out of our control and there's not much you can do about it but make the best out of it. Just because something is different, it doesn't mean that anything has changed.
And if things do change, it doesn't have to be a bad thing. Life is about choices and changes and holding on to all the good things you have in your life.

Well, back to what I was suppose to say. lol. I can't control the situation, but I can control myself and my own reactions. And youknowwho and I will talk about it. Maybe things will be different, but it won't change. I think youknowwho and I just learned something very important about each other, don't you agree? :)

Glad i deg storebror! KLEMMER!