Saturday, September 16, 2006

Reading Minds

Do you guys know who David Blaine is? That magician psychic guy who's done really crazy stuff like standing atop a monument very high up for long hours and living in an ice block for days? He's really good with his mind. The magic tricks are cool, no doubt. But it's his psychic ability that is outstanding. He can guess what you're thinking, like what number or what card or which person etc. The question remains of course whether he's for real or not as far as reading minds go, but if given the opportunity, wouldn't you want to be able to read minds? I know I do.

Having telepathy would be cool. You could read anyone's thoughts. You wouldn't have to guess what they're thinking about, won't have to wonder if they liked you or not, and you'd know if they're lying or telling the truth. That way, you can plan what to say, how to act, who to avoid and more importantly you can figure out what's wrong and fix things. The downside is learning the truth this way isn't always good. You may not like what you find, but at least you'll know where you stand.

I know some people who are somewhat confusing in the way they act. They treat you like a stranger one day and then talk to you normally the next day. Makes you wonder if they only did that because they need something from you. Everyone on this planet will eventually be used by other people. Either you're a victim or a user. It's sad isn't it? How some people can be so selfish or insensitive to others?

Been looking around me the past 24 hours, discovering some things that made me want to have telepathic powers. I'd like to know so much, I want so many questions answered. Like why some people can be such jerks? Or why people act certain ways on different days? Why some people can be so angry at the world? Why some people do the dumbest things, or really pointless activities that will only infuriate others? I guess the world is just too cruel. If I wanted to be melancholic, I can ask if God wanted us to be like this. I know I don't.

I wish I had my paycheck now. Still half a month to go, crap. So many things I'd love to own, just can't get them now or I'm gonna suffer later. As if I wasn't suffering enough as it is.

2 comments:

yelly said...

knowing too much hurts
knowing too little hurts

Anonymous said...

I agree with Tommy. He's right.
Though sometimes knowing a little too much is better than knowing too little and other times knowing too little is better than knowing too much. That's life for you : A mystery.

Too bad Aaron, we both missed Patty online lol. Like I told you yesterday, it's typical aj!
I waited for her until 9:30pm Norwegian time and figured she weren't gonna make it, so I left!
Maybe I can see her tonight though.