Friday, September 22, 2006

The Raven & The Angel

Once there was a raven
Who befriended an angel
When they were together
They could conquer the world

They taught us to be free
And lit up our hearts
No one ever dreamed
That they could ever part

But the raven told the angel
On one fine day
That it was time for them
To go their separate ways

So off the raven went
As far as she could fly
With her beauty & talent
She would surely soar high

Though the angel was now alone
Her spirit remains undeterred
Because she had wings of her own
That would carry her further

And I will definitely stand by them
Through the sun & the rain
But I'll pray that the winged ones
Will someday reunite again


It is now four years since the day M2M went away. After a greatest hits CD and two solo records, where are they now? Marion Raven, the more adventurous of the two, heads to America and turns up the heat on her image. It didn't go down well with some people I know, guess we'll see what happens.

Marit Larsen, the more reserved one, is finally stepping out of the shadows. Her album is doing well at home, and she's finally stepping outside her borders. Hopefully now more people will be able to hear her music, she needs to work on that.

I don't know, as solo artistes, they have made great music. I can't deny that. The success they're reaping now have eclipsed their success as a band. But no matter what, the music they made together will always be my first love. I can listen to it and never grow tired of it. I sure miss them though. But that's the nostalgic side of me. My sensible side tells me to move on. And so I do, with a heavy heart.

Thank you for the memories, M2M. God bless you both.

(Picture courtesy of MarionMania)



1 comment:

Mighty Mike said...

They changed so many things and made things possible that would never have happened without them. I'm a witness for that and whatever happens to them, their achievements will always be there. I bow low and salute to them. May they alway be blessed.