Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I Wish

I looked at her again today. She noticed, and quickly looked away, almost as if she was nervous. Her reactions differ from time to time, but it doesn't quite make it easier.

From the moment I first saw her, I knew she was special. She was different. It may seem like she was just an ordinary girl, but there's something about her that made her stand out, even among her friends. She wasn't like them, she was quiet. Reserved. Saved her words only when it was the right time to say them. Usually listened instead of speaking. Not to say she didn't have a sense of humour at all. She can be chatty like them, given the opportunity. But she was visibly more mature.

When I first spoke to her, she was pleasant, polite and smart. She would give a nice smile when she saw me every now and then. I do like her, I'll admit that much. But things have changed. The situation between us is now on shaky ground. Something happened, I'm not sure what. But I know it's most likely my fault.

I want to be her friend, but that will have to wait. Wait for the right moment. I'm resisting the urge to keep paying her attention. But she's just too pretty to ignore. I wish I knew what she's thinking.

1 comment:

Ira Roslan said...

"She's too pretty to ignore"
sometimes outer beauty is what gets the guys. (girls, don't blame the media, it's male psychology, haha).

Well yup, it's a matter of time. I guess you do know what she's thinking but only when you notice how she reacts towards you. You should still take that into consideration though.

But I think you're doing just fine. =]