Monday, September 25, 2006

Seeing Red

I woke up this morning and looked into the mirror. My right eye is red. Very swollen. Not good.

I didn't want to take the day off because of this, so I did the best thing anyone would do in my shoes: I wore sunglasses to work. First time in my working career too.

At the office, I get varied responses from my colleagues. It's either "Hey Aaron, what happened to your eye?" or "Whoa, you look cool dude!". Some people didn't bother to ask, which is fine. The hard part was the actual act of wearing the glasses. It's not to protect me, it's to protect everyone else. I doubt they would get infected just by looking at me though, but I just wanted to play it safe. And most people would have problems dealing with me if I didn't wear them. But I hate the glasses, I never got used to wearing them. The shades are a few years old, and I just stopped wearing them a long time ago because it was so discomforting. Guess I'll have to put up with them as long as I got this thing.

But the office was the easy part. The hard part is convincing my mum that it's nothing. This has happened to me before, and I'm all ready to just let it heal by itself. But she insisted on me seeing a doctor about it. So I will go tomorrow after work if it doesn't get better. Bummer.

A friend of mine is back to working again. I sure hope she's all right. Can't help worrying about her when she has so much to worry about. But today it seems I have to take care of myself first. So be it.

2 comments:

yelly said...

this is what i dont really get. you're inside, so how would there be enough light after wearing the sunglasses...

Aaron said...

The sunglasses weren't dark enough, so it was ok.