Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Patience

So what's the world like today?

It depends.


If you mean from a meteorological sense, then it's just rain, rain and more rain. Every day, that's all I see.

If you mean in a general sense, then I think it looks a little grey; some things are good, some others not so.

If you mean from behind this computer, then the only word I have for it is 'slow'. As in, it takes forever for a friggin' webpage to load!


If I were to take into account all the things going on around me right now, it's really not so bad. The good stuff isn't really outstanding, but I'll take whatever I can get. The bad stuff isn't likeable, but it's nothing new. I'm sort of used to it already. I'll just have to be patient.

Patience. When I look at the world's problems, from the ones had by people I know, to the entire planet at large, I feel that it can all be overcome with a little patience. Everyone has problems. But it's the ability to ride the storm and survive that is most important. For that you need patience. Patience to think things through, and then realize that there are some things you can't change. And knowing that if you wait it out, you'll find the answers. The world isn't going to end tomorrow, so stop acting like it is.

I'm slightly agitated today, actually. I guess I'm short of patience myself. But that's OK. I'm still alive and kicking.

No comments: