Saturday, February 2, 2008

Pretty Faces

Isn't she gorgeous? I think so. Her name is Maya Karin. She is a Malaysian actress, who has German and Malay parentage. I haven't actually seen any of her films (yeah, ignorance is my sin), but I do think she is talented. And graceful. Have I mentioned she's gorgeous?

You know, when I think of her roots, I keep thinking that Ira & Michael's kids may look like her someday. I think that's cool.

(Wow, I just used the word 'think' 5 times. I need to find a better word.)

Anyway, I seem to have a thing for pretty faces and good looks. Most men would, right? Not that we're shallow or anything. It's just the way we are. A pretty face would grab my attention almost immediately. Uh huh. But then, we all know and admit that it's what inside that counts. Good manners. Good attitude. The caring kind. The ones who will not break your heart. THAT'S real beauty.

Only God knows how few of them I've met in my 31 years of life. People like that are so hard to find, and more difficult to forget. That's the story of my life. Dreams that remain dreams.

OK, I'm done being pathetic. Moving on.

Speaking of faces, I went to the post office today. The one at the mall. I've not been to this particular branch in months, ever since I changed jobs. And the odd thing was, the lady behind the counter recognised me. Wow. I was aware that she knew me from the numerous times I had been there in the past, but the fact that she actually remembered my face after a long time was uncanny. Some people are blessed with good memory banks. And a kind soul too. God bless her.

Chinese New Year is coming in 5 days. Getting busy with the shopping, the cleaning and the preparing. And then there's the office work. No rest for the wicked.

I hope everyone else is in good health and spirit. Take care.

1 comment:

pandanita said...

Happy Chinese New Year, Aaron!!!
I am two days early, but oh well!! hehehe :)