Sunday, September 2, 2007

Distractions




OK, so I've been busy in the past two days doing stuff. Stuff that would make me happy, but then when I think about it, I realise that it's not really happiness I'm experiencing. Just some distractions from the problems that plague my life right now.

But it's not bad at all to have these distractions. It helps me forget about the things that bring me down, even if only temporarily. I mean, if you knew what's been happening to my life in the past 8 months, you wouldn't be pleased either. You'd be depressed and constantly cranky and sad. That's what I've been like a lot.

So what did I do? I spent money. Yeah, I usually don't, because I know how necessary it is to save up. I have always wanted to save money to travel the world someday, but I figured it's not happening anytime soon (soon being defined as within the next year or so) so why not get some stuff I want? So I got myself some videos to watch. A wrestling PPV video, a Chinese movie titled SPL (which I've seen in the cinema, and it was brilliant) and the David Fincher serial killer film, Se7en. It's unfortunate I couldn't find the DVD for this movie, the quality would have been better.

Oh, and I watched two films at the cinema too. The Invasion, Nicole Kidman's new thriller about an alien virus, which was just so-so. And the animated film Ratatouille. Check out the trailer above, it's hilarious. The animation is great too. I recommend this film to anyone, no matter what age you are.

By the way, I've renovated FF, nothing fancy, but it's a nice change of scenery. New month, new look. Though FR will remain this way for a while. Have a good September.

No comments: