Friday, June 29, 2007

Time

Out of all the forces of the universe, the one that never stops, pauses or takes a break is time. No matter what, it just keeps going. Time moves really fast when you least expect it. I'm sure you've felt it, like for example, you realise that it's the end of the week when you were just getting into the week. For me, I hadn't realised till today that Marit Larsen's birthday is in 3 days.

I wish I could stop time, for as long as I want to. Then maybe I can get some things done. I always told myself I would make time to read my comicbooks or watch the movies I had bought from the video store, but in the end I never do. I simply can't break my daily routine. It's bad enough my job takes up half my day, then when I get home there's a TV show I have to catch. Then there's being here in cyberspace.

Of course, you'd just say "So sacrifice one thing so you can do another." I knew someone who told me to make time instead of finding the time to do things. And it's true, because no matter how fast or efficient I am at managing time, I'd still lose out on something. I would still be unable to do what I want. I used to think I was good at time management. I still am, but maybe not in all aspects. I'm good at getting things done punctually at the office, but at home my hopeless routine defeats me always.

I found out today someone I know is feeling alone. I want to tell her that she isn't, but the fact is I'm the last person she would want to reach out to right now. I don't know if she's reading this, but if she is, I have just one thing to say: don't give up.

No comments: