Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Thirty

And here it comes again. This day. A day that marks yet another year of my life gone by. You know, I don't exactly have as much enthusiasm about birthdays as some people I know. And it's not just about my age, it's the fact that every year I spend my birthday the same way. Perhaps sometime in future, if given the opportunity, I'd like to celebrate it differently, otherwise celebrating this day would not mean anything. But that's another story.

So what's it like today for me? Well, nothing dramatic, as always. But it's better that way. It's just a day where I'd like to do what I want to do, and not get flak about it. It's my day, so to speak. And it's been fun....had a nice lunch, spent the day at the mall, found something worth every penny, not bad at all.

But the best part was getting some really nice birthday wishes, some which I hadn't expected. To all of you who remembered, thank you. The fact that you remembered is a gift enough to me.

So now I'm older. Being reminded of that isn't exactly fun, because my friends happen to be so much younger, and it makes me miss being at that age. Mayleen says I'm wiser now, but am I? There are many times when I feel like I have a lot more to learn. I guess the learning process doesn't stop till we die. But I do want to see more of the world, and getting older isn't doing me any favors as far as that is concerned.

But there's one thing I hope to be, and that is to be better. In every sense. A better person, brother, colleague, worker, friend. I know I can be, and I need to be. Because somewhere out there, there are some people I care about deeply, and I need to be there for them. I need to be better for them. Take care, dear friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STOREBROR!! :o)
I'm glad you have had a good day, at least you have had some fun :o) You deserved that :)

Hmm yup, you are wiser now. Even though you have things left to learn. We all do :) I heard we learn all our lives, learn something new every day.
Like you said, we learn as long as we live! ♥

Well, gratulerer med dagen storebror!! Happy birthday! *BIRTHDAYKOSEMOS*

Anouk said...

Hey Aaron!!!

Congrats with your birthday! I'm a little bit late, but let it be a comfort that it's still your birthday over here, so that means I'm only a little bit late...

You know I guess the funny thing is that people set boundries for theirselves (at new year, at a birthday, at the end of a work/school year) but getting older and wiser is something kind of vague. Of course, you probably don't feel as if you are wiser than yesterday (or for you: the day before yesterday) but look at last year.

Yes, you are wiser.

Van harte gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag, Aaron! En nog vele jaren!

(Translation: Congrats with your birthday, and I wish many years for you to come!)

Mighty Mike said...

Congrats! Hmm...sure you got wiser. As long as you don't ignore the things around you, you always do.