Saturday, November 4, 2006

Thinking

It's November. Time really moves quickly. I know I've been making lots of references to time in this blog, but you gotta admit it's true.

So what was the week like? Hmm.....where do i start? The girls still ignore me every now and then. I'm used to that already. I'm no angel, or Mr Popular or anything. And I don't intend to be. I've kinda learned how to adapt to not getting attention from them. Don't quite like it, but that's life. And I always keep in mind that things are never as bad as they seem.

Received a text message from an old friend last night. Good to know that she still remembers me. But we are so different from each other that understanding one another hasn't been easy over the years. She's a good person, I know. She always has been. But I haven't been able to trust her with my personal life. Too many demons to hide. She doesn't need to know that.

I've realised that some things have changed. Subtly, not obviously. I wished it didn't. I rarely like change. Probably because it's always beyond my control. But I guess it had to happen. Another test for me. A test to see how strong I am, and whether I can see the pitfalls that lie ahead.

But I am glad to note that some things still remain intact. And I'm glad about that. These are the things I hold dear to me. These are the things I value and cherish, and I need to hold on to it as long as I can. I don't know how long it will be before something comes along and tests me again, but I have to be as prepared as possible. My first rule in life is to always be prepared. But that's hard when you can't see tomorrow.

I need more sleep, I've been thinking too much. This post says as much.

No comments: