Sunday, November 26, 2006

Silver Linings

And so another busy week at the office comes to an end. Thank God. I dread these times of the month, when I have so much to do, so much running around, so much thinking and doing.....and so many distractions in between. I need a vacation, and I am taking a break from work next week.

Basically I wasn't having that great a week, not because of work, it's just that some things can leave me cold and depressed. I know, I keep talking about all this stuff in here. It's getting stale. But what I'm trying to say is that I had been having trouble cheering up this week. I hate that, because I know I shouldn't sulk too much.

Then yesterday, something happened. I received something in the mail. Something that made me smile. It wasn't exactly surprising, I was already told it would arrive. Though I am a little surprised it came so soon. But that was more than enough to make my day. And perfect timing too. Just when I thought I was gonna sink even deeper into darkness, someone throws me a lifeline.

And climbing out of my depression and anger kinda makes me wonder about everyone else in here (yes fellow bloggers who are linked to FR, I'm talking to you). I have noticed in the past couple of weeks that none of you have been feeling upbeat about life. Yes. We all have ups and downs. But I do hope you guys are on your way back up again.

Whatever you're going through, you can get through it. Don't believe for a second that you can't. And don't believe in the notion that you're alone. The world isn't as small as you think. Someone out there does know what you're going through. It helps to talk about it. And even if you don't, you should find a way around it, or at the very least try. And who knows, your silver lining will appear before you know it.

Try finding something positive in your life. Maybe it won't solve your problems, but it may help you get through the day.

1 comment:

Anouk said...

*Speaking as a person linked to FR*

Thank you Aaron. I'd like to join you in that. Why don't we find positive things in our lives sometimes, to just cheer us up, life is so much better than we know. We all know it would be great to sit in the backyard one day, having nothing to worry about and then look at the sun and think: 'wow... that is so beautiful...'

One day we will appreciate simple wonders of nature like that.