Friday, September 1, 2006

September Beckons

Look out y'all. It's a new month. Time sure zooms by quickly, doesn't it? It's September, and that can only mean 3 things: it's a little more than three months away to Christmas, it's four months to a new year, and before you know it I won't be in my twenties anymore. Yeah, I'm not looking forward to the last one very much.

Some random thoughts for today.....it was freakin' cold in the office. Been that way for the past 2 weeks. Management must have asked building maintenance to lower the temperature on the air-conditioning. It's bad enough it has been raining all week, now it's so cold, 95% of the staff had to put on extra clothing. My co-worker told me it was like winter, but I disagreed. Then he concurred, he had been to China in winter, and it was so cold there he had to put on 5 layers of clothing. And even then it wasn't enough. Makes me wonder how it would be like if I visited my friend in Norway during Christmas. I wish I could do that someday. I intend to, I don't really care if my friend says it's below zero at that time of the year. Haha, it's a dream of mine to go there.

I bought a Michael Jackson CD today. Yeah, him. The King Of Pop. Say what you will about the guy, but very few can deny that he was one of the greatest performers on earth. I grew up listening to his music. I can't call myself a fan though. But his music is unique, the kind you'd remember through time. I just wish the world would stop taking advantage of his eccentricity. And please stop suing the guy already. Enough is enough.

After a discussion with my friend yesterday, I've come to the conclusion that there are some girls that guys like me just can't be too nice to. It'll backfire. You know, most girls aren't very forthcoming about themselves, or the way they think or feel. It's different if they were in a relationship with someone, but in other times, they'd rather keep things quiet. I can't really blame them for that. They probably treat it as a way of masking their vulnerability. But it doesn't quite make it easy for me to stop wondering why they change so suddenly from being nice to being indifferent. And to be really honest, I didn't do anything wrong. But in their eyes, I must have. There is a reason for everything. It's just not for me to know yet. So thanks again for the talk, Ira.

I'll end this entry with a message to a reader of this blog: Tom, you finally changed your background. Much better. Good job.

2 comments:

yelly said...

ididn't change the background. i just put highlight on it

Aaron said...

Hmmm, your background didn't open last night. Anyways, this is better.