Friday, August 18, 2006

This Is Disconcerting

I just had a rather disturbing thought earlier today. I realised that as far as platonic friendships with the opposite sex are concerned, I fare better with the married ones. I didn't think about it until I re-examined my track record.

It seems the single women find me too odd to hang around too long. Or I'm just too boring to them. Yeah, that has got to be it. But hey, it's not like I'm trying to turn on the charm all the time. If they can see that, they would have understood that I'm just being friendly. That's it. No more or less. But recent events still seem to indicate that my sincerity doesn't show when I approach single women. They're always wondering what guys like me are up to.

What about guys, you may ask? Well, I would mingle with guys, but the problem is I'm not like most guys. I know I'm being a little narrow-minded with what I'm about to say, but in my opinion, most guys my age are either married or crazy about football. And I am neither. And most guys younger or older than me, people you can call adults, are pretty much the same.

Right now, the only guy I can think of who is unique like me, but in his own way of course, lives in Canada (and is probably gonna read this later). He's funny, but in a good way. He reminds me of me sometimes.

Anyway, back to the girls: why do they have to make it difficult all the time? One day they're nice to you, the next day they act like you don't exist. There's just no pleasing some people. If someone out there knows the secret to communicating with the opposite sex, please do let me know. I'm not desperate or anything, just curious. I'm always curious.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quote "Anyway, back to the girls: why do they have to make it difficult all the time?"

Answer : uhm I don't know why, lol, but it just happens :D
I have tried to make things easy ALL the time, but it never works =p
But on behalf of all the girls in the world : I'm sorry! =)

Aaron, thanks for the chat we had today, it was really really great! I am so glad we got to talk about all the things we talked about :)
And I hope we can meet online again soon, maybe Wedensday or something? Let me know oki storebror!

And remember, JEG ER GLAD I DEG!!!

Anonymous said...

whopsss..I meant.. "so on behalf of all the girls"

hehe..my bad! =)

KLEMMER!

yelly said...

how to communicate to the opposite sex: you don't. otherwise, people wouldn't be asking that question anymore. i just pretend they're just another human. but don't listen to me, cause i talk to more girls than guys for some odd reason. no, i don't have any plan to date any of them.
where's ira, need her viewpoint here.
and yes, it's only a matter of time before i read

Ira Roslan said...

"Anyway, back to the girls: why do they have to make it difficult all the time?"

That's the problem with guys. Don't generalize like that, it's not fair and it's a big no-no. Not all girls make things difficult (or worse).
Girls have to admit that sometimes they make things complicated or take too long to complete a simple task (like showering), but that's just what it's like to be a girl. We just have this instinct to do things properly.
Don't take it personally if a girl is nice to you one day and pretends you don't exist the next day. We have bad days too, you know. If a girl doesn't want to talk to you then just make sure you get the message. But if it's nothing personal then you got nothing to worry about.

"If someone out there knows the secret to communicating with the opposite sex, please do let me know."

Just be nice but not too nice. Helpful but not obsessive. Funny but not offensive. Girls are most self-conscious so careful about pointing things out. If you have to be honest then just be on your sensitive side.
But basically just keep your distance... and be yourself.
Respect respect respect :)

And you're not boring, there's just people that we get along with and people that we don't.
Just choose the right kind of 'circle' and you'll be fine.

Aaron said...

Tom:cause i talk to more girls than guys for some odd reason....

You see, this is why I said you remind me of me. I do that a lot too. We are alike, the only difference is you don't take yourself too seriously.