Wednesday, June 21, 2006

What's It Like?

- What is it like to reflect on your life and feel left behind?
- What is it like to watch other people's lives move on while yours remains stagnant?
- What is it like to find that youth is no longer present in your life and the present time feels like a quarter life crisis?
- What is it like to be left out of things you wanted to do, but didn't do for lack of courage or the will to change?
- What is it like to have such a routine schedule every day and knowing that it is that way because it's your own fault?
- What is it like to be happy for people you care about, and yet envy at the same time?
- What is it like knowing that everything that's wrong with your life is caused by your own stubbornness, self-doubt and fear?

It feels like you're trapped. Like being in a glass chamber of your own design, and you're watching life go by on the outside. It's like being in your own personal prison.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no, i just feel grabbing a bb gun and start blowing things up

Ira Roslan said...

I didn't know bb guns can blow things up. Maybe I should get one.

Aaron.. I know this may sound like I'm a hypocrite coz I'm a procrastinator, but I can't emphasize it enough how much the present matters more than what happened in the past or what you expect about the future.

It's up to you to just want to change in the first place, coz the course of your life is in your hands.
Okay maybe you're thinking "yeah whatever, so I screwed up and now my life sucks". But that's your wake up call; asking you to decide what are you going to do about it.
Just remember that repeating the same things will give you the same conclusions in the end, but then doing nothing gets you nowhere either.

First thing to ask yourself is will you even do something to get out of that glass chamber.
If you will then ask yourself how are you gonna do it.

Only when you've tried your best and not succeed can you tell yourself that you're trapped.
But I hope you will find the strength in your good self to persevere.

You can do anything. Just do it one little piece at a time. And trust me, it ruins things to dwell in the past so do yourself a favour and let go of it just a little.

No 'buts', bro... seriously.
If only you were as courageous as you are caring.

Mighty Mike said...

I know your situation well. I also know I'm younger than you so it seems weird,but I've also been at the point when i notice other people proceeding with their lives while i stood still. Like I mentioned this thing about Marit once.
Some people take a little longer to find the right way,and even someone like me had to take a while. I'm 23 now but I don't know for how long i've been a little closer to who i wanted to be. I kinda reached this step in my life after finishing school and going to a foreign country on my own for the first time (and you know what else happened that made my life better). You should know that it's not something you get born with. Like Ira said,you get to learn some lessons,you have to change some things,and only then you can break the circle. It doesn't mean that all you do is wrong,or that everything you have to change will hurt. But you have to take little steps. It starts from who you are. Learn about your strengths,talents,skills, develop hobbies and all that stuff. Become someone who's happy for who he is,and don't become dependable of your wishes and desires until you're in charge of them.
You know,i think there's a reason why we guys from Marit's board met. There's something for everyone to learn. Hehe...think about it.