Wednesday, May 24, 2006

May 25th

What's in a date? Dates are just numbers on a calendar, and calendars are used to mark the passage of time, to remember important events and happenings. It's imperative for historical purposes.

Tomorrow, May 25th is an important day for me. It marks the beginning of something, the end of something, an anniversary, a birthday and last but not least an important day for a friend of mine.

As far as the anniversary goes, it's the 4th year celebration for me and a person who has been like a sister to me. I'm proud of that. It's such a pity I don't get to talk to her often. The birthday refers to someone I admire, love and respect. And I know for a fact I'm not the only one celebrating her birthday tomorrow.

As for my friend, tomorrow's the day she takes an important step into her adult life: the driving test. I remembered my first test. I failed on that day. I don't know how it happened, I thought it would be a piece of cake, but I slipped where I wasn't supposed to, and some bad luck with the car didn't help either. But I passed the second time, thank God. Felt great, though these days driving on the road is more of a burden than a luxury.

Speaking of my friend, I certainly hope she passes. I care for her, and there are times I worry for her well being. As a friend, I try my best to lend her a hand whenever I feel she needs it. She's been facing the harder side of life these days, and I hope along the way something good will come that will put a smile on her face. Passing this test may just do the trick. I'll pray for her tonight.

11 minutes to go. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Ira Roslan said...

I know this came late: Thank you very much.