Sunday, November 11, 2012

Keeping busy

First, an update. I have been keeping an extra movie review blog for the past couple of months, to put in reviews of other films I had seen away from the local cinema. The link to it is on your right with the rest of the blogs. It only has a handful of posts so far, but I plan on updating it as often as I can. Ira is sort of the inspiration for this blog, though she may not realise it.


Things have been up and down for me lately. Down because a load of unforeseen yet minor problems hit me around the same time. My home has a few technical problems to handle, and even now it's being handled. Earlier this week I couldn't take a proper shower for four days, but that problem's over now, so I'm thankful for that. But now we have a multiple lights problem, and I hope this is resolved soon.


And through all this, I always have something to look forward to. To keep me sane. For the past 6 months or so, I've been playing a game called Marvel Avengers Alliance on FB, a role playing game where you send superheroes out on missions and you fight the bad guys. Each hero has his/her own abilities, so some are suited for certain tasks or villains better than others. The more you win, the more you earn points, which you can use to recruit more heroes.

I've spent a lot of time on this game, and finally I'm at a point where I can say I've become successful at it. I've got nearly all the heroes available, awaiting more to be introduced. My agent (who represents me on the field) is well armed, better than he was before. I've defeated every villain put in front of me. I guess you can say I'm proud of myself. The only thing that bugs me is the factor of luck that comes into play. The rewards from winning depends a lot on a roulette, which may not swing in your favor every time. But I've been lucky half the time, so I rarely grumble.

Thanks to this game taking up my time, I am never bored for long, even when the game stagnates at times. I do occasionally feel like I need more time to do the other things I want to do, but it doesn't bother me as much anymore.


I look forward to December, where hopefully my monetary woes will be solved. And I finally can get some stuff I've been eyeing. In the meantime, it's a week of holidays here. And more rain.

4 comments:

Ira Roslan said...

I did not know that :)
So how did I inspire you?

Aaron said...

The other day you said you were looking for a review of a film on FF and it wasn't there. That made me realise I had seen many films in many other ways, but have yet to write about them.

So I figured, why not make a second film blog where I can talk about those films? If you've been there you'll notice the format of my writing is a bit different, as I prefer not to be so colorful with it. Keeping things simple allows me to save time on it.

Ira Roslan said...

I remember. Sure, I saw the blog yesterday. How come you didn't want to just write your thoughts on those movies onto this blog? It could've save you the hassle too.

Aaron said...

Yeah, that's true. But FF has a certain writing format which I don't want to change. At the same time, writing in that format can be taxing as I don't want to sound the same all the time.

I felt that if I wanted to talk about other films, I'd rather keep it concise and to the point. I also did not want to mix yesteryear films with current films, even though that's how FF first began.

I hope it answers your question. :)