Sunday, September 19, 2010

I'm Doing This

Okay, I finally have the time to come in here and say this: I have a ticket to go watch Paramore live in concert next month.


Exciting eh?


Mind you, I did not make this decision easily. At all. In fact, I had initially decided not to go. Not that I didn't want to see them. Of course I do. It's just that tickets are expensive and I didn't want to dig out my savings for it. But I asked some of my friends for their opinions, and everyone said I should go. Besides, Paramore is not going to any other Asian city besides KL, so I had a feeling they wouldn't come back after this. So I thought, okay. Let's do it.

I'm not a big fan of live performances, or going to concerts. I kinda dislike concerts because of the crowd. I hate crowds. When you're in a crowd, bad things happen. There's a lot of noise and a lot of uncivilized people to weave through. One unpleasant encounter during an M2M autograph signing session is proof enough.

But concerts can be good too. I haven't been to many concerts in my life, but the ones I went to were pleasant experiences. I've only been to three that I can recall. The first was Hootie & The Blowfish, which was so long ago I can't even remember what year that was. It was an indoor theatre, and the acoustics were excellent, so I had a great time. The band did very well then.

The second was Michael Learns To Rock, a Danish band known for sappy pop ballads. They're big in Asia. I remembered that the arena wasn't full that night, but they still played and put on a good show.

And of course, the third was Linkin Park. Oh yeah. Open air stadium. Big rock band. Thousands of fans. They're still one of my favourite rock bands, even more than Paramore actually. That night, I could barely see the band from where I stood, but the energy in the air was unmistakable. When you see thousands of fans jumping up and down at the same time to loud rock music, how can you not get sucked into all that? It was incredible. My heart was still pounding as I was on my way home after it was over. It was just awesome.

And now, I have a fourth one to look forward to. I had already passed on a few concerts before Paramore. I passed on Daughtry, Incubus and The All-American Rejects prior to this, so this time I think I ought to just go with the flow and see what happens. My only hope is that it doesn't rain on that night. It's an outdoor stadium, so I am praying I won't get wet, and that Hayley and company show up on time and give me my money's worth.

Hope everyone's doing great, keep visiting my movie blog please. Cheers ;)