Sunday, May 31, 2009

Show And Tell

I'm doing a show and tell today, but it's not like the usual thing they do in school. Here, it's 'Show' followed by something completely different in 'Tell'.

My 'Show' is the poster you're looking at, the first teaser poster for New Moon, the sequel to Twilight. They got the mood right, but somehow it looks weird. All three characters don't seem to be looking at the right direction, especially Bella. Some say this picture is photoshopped, and I think they're right.


Now for 'Tell'. I went over to the Movie Carnival today. It's an annual thing where an online magazine organises a promotion on films and offers bargains and prizes. This year, it didn't seem too exciting. It looks bigger, but it didn't feel better. There weren't many things to be given out, and I think there weren't too many people paying attention to what's happening there. That's too bad, as I was looking forward to winning some freebies. But they just had a shooting game for kids, to win a toy gun no less. They need more merchandise giveaways, or I'm not coming back next time.

As you've read my last post, you know how insane the world is. There was an incident a few days back where someone was attacked by Manchester United fans because he was a Barcelona fan, right after Barcelona beat the Devils in the Champions League final. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought football violence only happens in Europe, not here. You Man U fans should be ashamed of yourselves.

Want more insanity? The news reported three guys being chained in captivity like dogs by money lenders because they couldn't pay. This is probably the worst thing I've seen happen thanks to loan sharks. My advice is to never trust a loan shark. Sometimes I still wonder why people do that. I know that there are times when we need money, but going to a loan shark to solve your problems is like digging a grave and jumping in yourself. Please don't do it.

How about tragedy? I got some. Well, it's more like a lesson on safety. A toddler was killed when he was run over by a reversing car. The driver? His mother. Damn.
A terrible tragedy, the one kind we'd hope to avoid from ever happening. This is the kind of tragedy, which if it happened to you, you'll never forgive yourself for, no matter how much time has passed. So the lesson is: be careful when it comes to kids. Their hyperactivity is difficult to handle, and if ignored, could be fatal. But that of course, doesn't mean you have to watch over them like a prisoner.

OK, time for something a little more positive. It turns out that Marit Larsen's new album The Chase is being marketed outside of Norway. So it's not really a miracle that I found it the other day. There have been local reviews about it, and they haven't been too great though. One reviewer actually said that somewhere Marion must be laughing. I wouldn't have been that hard on Marit, though. But I do disagree with this reviewer's comment that Marion wanted to be Norway's answer to Britney. Dude, they're so different that putting them in the same sentence is a sin.

By the way, I've been listening to Lady GaGa's music, and it's actually pretty damn good. I'm not a fan of dance music to be honest, but her material has got me hooked. Take a listen to it, if you haven't.

Before I go, I've got one last thing for 'Show'. Check out the following video. If you can actually remember this, then you're old like me :P Have a great June.

3 comments:

Atiqah Jamsari said...

go GaGa! ;)
album die BEST!!

Anouk said...

Hehe no I can't remember that one :P so I must be younger than you haha :P

And yes, so much drama in this world lately, also in my country. I wonder what the hell is happening in this world. We should be making progress, not going downhill.

And good for you that you found the album! I'm happy for you :D

rhEa said...

OMG, Aaron, you have the album!!? I wish they sell that here too :( And, I luv Lady Gaga's musis! OMG! I wanna take a ride on your disco stick hehe :p

PS. I didn't forget the May 25 thing ;) Thnx for your SMS :)