Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Mind's Eye

Two dreams in two nights. Both very vivid, very real. It was surreal of course, like most dreams should be. But it left me weak, mystified, lost, confused. And craving for more of it.

When I was in it, I could even sense that there's no way it could be real. That's strange. Because usually when I dream, I just take it in, like it's reality, like it's actually happening, and I don't realise that it's all in my mind. This time, it's different. And what happened was so intoxicating, that even I have no idea how it came about.

Well, I'm not going to go into the details. You'd probably not understand it anyway. I couldn't fathom it either. But when it comes to dreams, none of us can really understand them, can we? It happens without warning, without meaning, without reason. I am aware that some people can interpret dreams and think of them as a sign of things to come. But the future is hardly predictable, so nothing is certain.

The second dream was of greater significance though. Someone I once knew, whom I have been thinking of the whole week, was in it. She was probably there in my dream because of that. But I always thought of her in the past, and this is the first time she was present in my sleep. What's even weirder is the fact that I thought I saw her at the mall yesterday. It haunted me so much I tried to get a good look at her to be sure, and turns out it wasn't her. But then again, I hadn't seen her in the flesh for 5 months now, so I wouldn't have known what to do if I was right.

Hmm, I am losing my mind. And yet, most of the time I am fine. I can do everything that is expected of me, all the routines, all the work, all the things I love doing. I am getting better at my job, getting along well with my colleagues, feeling more confident about my time and how it's being spent. But that weakness of thinking too much is still there. Maybe that can explain the dreams.

But it's good for me to dream. Because I rarely dream. And it felt good. I want more.

No comments: