Thursday, May 31, 2007

Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Finally. It's done. Over with. Finished. Mission accomplished. The hardest part of my ordeal is through. I succeeded, and not a moment too soon. Felt like my sanity was slipping away, so now I can breathe easy. But just for a moment.

From this point on, things will take a new turn. A new journey will begin. For better or for worse, I can't say for sure. But now at least I can say that there is hope. There is light at the end of the tunnel. I can see it. But with every new experience, there are good and bad elements. I can foresee the former, it's the latter that worries me. Because it's usually the latter that I can't see coming. It's the latter that I need to prepare for.

So after several weeks of watching my future screw itself over with uncertainty, God finally threw me a lifeline. Now I can leave my current job knowing there's a safety net waiting for me. I will miss the old workplace though. It's not perfect. It never was. But I have been there long enough to see so many faces come and go. I made a few friends that I won't forget too soon. And despite all the pitfalls that came with it, I loved my job. I was just getting the hang of it, when management made another decision that wasn't in the staff's best interests. So now me and a handful of others had to make a decision we didn't want to make. And that's how I ended up here.

But who knows? This new place might be better. Fate has a way of making things work. I'm not saying that we should just let fate take the wheel. But I think there is a plan for us. Each of us. There is a reason for everything that happens. For a long time I had resisted leaving my current job. Perhaps now the right reason has presented itself. And thus my new adventure begins. I just hope fate lets me drive long enough to control what happens. I must not fail. As Ed Harris said in Apollo 13, failure is not an option.

Oh, in the meantime, feast your eyes on the new Transformers poster. Cool, huh?

No comments: