Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Wake Up Call

It had to happen sooner or later. It's my fault for not seeing it coming right at me. My first rule is to always be prepared, but this time I guess I failed myself.

So what happened? My superior at work had a talk with me today about my progress. And no, it wasn't good. Apparently I'm a disappointment to him. He's not satisfied with my work, claiming I can do better blah blah blah etc. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy that experience. Nobody likes being criticised, no matter what or why. Period.

But you know what? He's right. About 70% of the stuff he said was understandable. I have been too complacent about things, taking my work for granted a little more than I should. So I probably deserved that. And I got some time to make up for this or the people higher up the food chain is gonna hear about me. And I DO NOT want to get there.

So I have to fix myself now. I have to get up and run faster, push harder, climb higher. It's not easy when I think about it. I know I've said that when we fall, we should just pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and continue. Now it's my turn, and well, it is going to be harder to do than to say it. I admit it. But I've been here before, and I know where I need to go. I usually do better when pressure is upon me, so I know I can do this. And I want to, because the alternative to this is something I don't want to consider.

Today's lesson: be prepared, or you'll get a rude awakening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi storebror.

You're having a rough week. Yeah, that's no good. But you seem to handle it well. Trying to see the positive in the situation. And I'm glad to read you know where you need to go. At least you're heading in the right direction.
I know you're a strong person storebror, and I know you will get through this in the best way possible. I know you will :) I have faith in that.
But of course don't think that you have to go through this alone, because you don't. I'm here to support you, as well as your other friends :) We will help you get through this storebror!!

Anonymous said...

Oh God!! Sorry for spamming.
You see, I tried to post the darn comment, but I kept getting this message "Invalid Url". So I tried and tried and tried hahaha and then I gave up! I just came back now to try again, and whops.. lol. Obviously the comment got posted before hahaha... sorry storebror!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the understanding hehe and for taking care of my crazy posting hahaha oh my. Huuugs!!