Tuesday, July 11, 2006

What A Revoltin' Development This Is!

In the Fantastic Four comicbooks, The Thing would say that phrase when the situation starts to get ugly. I'm using it now, not to state that my life is currently in disarray, but to sum up how much has happened in the past few days. Now let's see.....I got to chat with a couple of old friends I haven't talked to in a long time over the weekend, I received a nice bonus from my employers, a couple of TV shows I've been following just took some unexpected plot turns(amazing stuff) and we have new World Cup champs. Congrats to Italy, though I was rooting for France.

I also learnt yesterday that a certain place online may be seeing its final days on the web. It's a blog, much like this one, and yet not like this one at all. In fact, I can say that this blog partially inspired the creation of Familiar Refrain. It kinda made me want to find out if I could write a blog, and it gave me the idea that there's a place online where I could put my thoughts and words in when there's no one to listen to them. This blog I'm referring to, which belongs to a friend, is a nice representation of her. Not only is it second best to having an actual conversation with her, it's a place where I've learnt so much about her life, thoughts and perspective.

What amazes me even more is how it is written....it's beautiful, scary, sensible and hard to understand, all at once. There are times when I know exactly what she means, and other times I'm completely lost. That's what makes it so engrossing. My blog you're reading here on the other hand......hell, I don't even know why it's here sometimes. Bottom line is she's a good writer, and bottom line....I'm not. But all good things do have to come to an end, and in her case, I can understand why she feels she has to close it. If she really goes through with it, I will miss it, and no, not because I need it to help me write FR, it's because I've grown fond of it, even though I've only known about it for 3 months.

I can tell you this about my friend though: she's about to take probably the biggest step of her life....the moment is almost literally right outside her front door. I pray she has the faith and courage to face it (she'll probably kill me for repetitively encouraging her). And I guess that's why she has opted to close her online journal....so that she can start a new chapter in her life.And perhaps that's why FR has to keep going....because the new chapter in my life hasn't arrived yet.

I'll probably have something interesting to post here in two weeks, or not. Either way I'm probably gonna end up being emotionally divided, and I'm going to hate myself for it.

1 comment:

Ira Roslan said...

Awwness... Thank you for being one of my most appreciated readers. :P

Don't worry about it okay? I'd still stick around and haunt FR. Do keep it up. Post pictures, post rubbish, post any crap you want. It's your space and I encourage it. Just don't break the law, hehe.